Lithuania condemns ban of Mejlis in occupied Crimea
Lithuania calls on international community to be more determined when it comes to territorial integrity of Ukraine
Parliament of Lithuania unanimously voted for the resolution, condemning Russia’s actions in occupied Crimea, which resulted in violation of rights of Crimean Tatars and Ukrainian, informed “Anadolu”.
“People in Crimea, who refused to take on Russian citizenship are subjected to discrimination in various spheres including education, medicine and social services. We strongly condemn the ban of National Mejlis of Ctrimean Tatar people by the Russian Federation”, - the resolution reads.
The resolution also contains an appeal to international community to be more determined when it comes to territorial integrity of Ukraine.
It has been reported earlier, that Head of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars Refat Chubarov believes that suspension of Mejlis is a cynical response of the President of the Russian Federatio Vladimir Putin to international community, that earlier urged to stop prosecution of Crimean Tatar people. According to Chubarov, Poroshenko should summon UN Security Council, executive bodies of the European Union and the Council of Europe in order to prevent the threat to Crimean Tatar people from Russia, which occupied the peninsula.
Earlier, on April 13, Prosecutor of Crime Natalia Poklonska ssupended Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people.
Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people, in the periods between sessions of Kurultay, is the only executive organ of Crimean Tatars, elected by Kurultay among its delegates. Kurultay is the highest institute of state authority of the Crimean Tatar people, summoned amid turning points in their history.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas