‘Linking anti-Russian sanctions to the Minsk deal is absurd’: Putin’s spokesman
Dmitriy Peskov claims Kyiv is responsible for not committing to the peace deal for eastern Ukraine
Linking Western sanctions against Russia to the implementation of the Minsk agreements is absurd, Vladimir Putin’s spokesman Dmitriy Peskov has said, according to RIA News”.
‘We don’t intend to bring it up with anyone. Still, it’s unclear why anti-Russian sanctions are linked to the Minsk deal. Statements implying that sanctions may be lifted after the implementation of Minsk agreements are absurd’, - Peskov said.
He claimed that Russia is not to blame for the conflict in Donbas: ‘Russia cannot implement the agreements alone. The Minsk deal implies obligations for both sides of the conflict, first of all – for Kyiv, but we still see Ukraine’s reluctance to commit to these obligations’.
Earlier, Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko urged G7 member states to prolong anti-Russian sanctions.
A number of Western countries have introduced several rounds of economic sanctions against Russian individuals and entities since Russia seized Crimea in March 2014
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars