Lawyer: On April 7, Savchenko signed papers to serve her sentence in Ukraine
On Friday, her lawyer will help her fill out all the necessary documents
According to her lawyer Mark Feygin, Nadia Savchenko has been handed over documents necessary for extradition to Ukraine, Feygin said in an interview to "Interfax".
“I received a written request from Nadia, that she wants to serve her sentence in Ukraine back on April 7. The procedure requires her to fill out necessary papers”, - Feygin pointed out.
According to Feygin, his colleague Nikolai Polozov will visit Nadia on Friday and help her to fill the documents.
Feygin also added, that the procedure of extradition will take several months. “This is a much more time-consuming way than pardon, which can be carried out in just one day. We still insist on pardon”, - the lawyer said.
It has been reported earlier, that President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko expects Savchenko's return to Ukraine within a few weeks. He noted that he discussed Savchenko’s release with President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin.
Vira Savchenko, sister of Nadia Savchenko, informed that Nadia has received documents for extradition to Ukraine.
Vira Savchenko stated, that although Nadia is filling out the documents, she still fears they can be used for a prison transfer, considering she has already been cheated while filling out documentation.
“Currently, she is filling out documents: written requests, biographic data and etc. Head of prison Kalganov said she needs to do it for extradition. Let’s hope it’s true”, - Vira said.
Moreover, according to her sister, Nadia’s health condition is stable, she’s back to normal nutrition, although her legs keep swelling up due to problems with kidneys.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars