Lawyer Feygin explains Vira Savchenko’s detention
One of the explanations has to do with Nadia Savchenko’s extradition
Lawyer of Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko, Mark Feygin, stated, that it’s not the first time that Vira Savchenko has been detained in the Russian Federation. The fact has two explanations. Feygin clarified the situation at a briefing, aired by “112 Ukraine”.
“This is not the first time that Vira Savchenko was detained. She was also detained back in January 2015, she was denied access to Russia. This time she was detained for several hours, they took away her passport and informed she is wanted at the federal level”, - Feygin noted.
“Currently, Vira Savchenko is back in Rostov-on-Don to Consulate General. We’ll see what happens next. There are two explanations, the first one is bureaucratic: a request came in – she must be subjected to interrogation; the second one is political: why now, if the story has been going on for a year and a half”, - he explained.
It has been reported earlier, that Nadia’s sister Vira Savchenko was detained in Russia in the evening of April 27 in Rostov region (Russia).
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case