Law enforcement in annexed Crimea searches journalists
Law enforcement has seized computers and storage media
In annexed Crimea, law enforcement is carrying out searches seven households as part of a criminal case on extremism, initiated against a journalist of “Krym.Realii” Nikolai Semena, reports “Kryminform” quoting a source in law enforcement.
“Searches are being carried out in five households in Simferopol, one household in Yalta and another one in Sevastopol”, - he said.
Press service of the Prosecution of annexed Crimea explained, that the searches in households of Crimean journalists of “Krym.Realii” are allowed by Kyiv district court of Simferopol.
“During the searches, Federal Security Service discovered and seized computers and storage media, as well as other documents, that point to compilation of journalist materials of extremist character”, - the prosecution informed.
On April 18, Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation listed Mejlis of Crimean Tatars as extremist organization.
On April 13, Prosecutor of Crimea Natalia Poklonska suspended Mejlis of Crimean Tatars.
The decision to suspend Mejlis will be in force until Supreme Court of Crimea rules on Poklonska’s appeal. Earlier, she demanded to recognize Mejlis an extremist organization. The lawsuit is currently at the stage of consideration.
Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people, in the periods between sessions of Kurultay, is the only executive organ of Crimean Tatars, elected by Kurultay among its delegates. Kurultay is the highest institute of state authority of the Crimean Tatar people, summoned amid turning points in their history.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars