Last remaining Lenin statue in Odesa is dismantled
Hundreds of monuments to the late Soviet leader have been taken down since Ukraine’s EuroMaidan Revolution in 2014
The last remaining monument in Odesa to Bolshevik leader Vladimir Lenin has been brought down, Pervyi gorodskoi (First City Channel) has reported.
The work started early on May 17, with several units of technical equipment brought in.
Currently, the 10-meter monument is being deconstructed into seven parts.
The monument was relocated from Kulikovo Field to the park named after Savitskiy back in 2006.
Ante for Odesa portside plant makes USD 150 million, - State Property Fund 23 September, 11:28
Brawl between pro-Kremlin activists and Right Sector members in Odesa 10 October, 09:15
Turkey proachers’ boat sank during storm in Odesa 13 October, 13:48
Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine 24 September, 11:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars