Kerry: Ukraine for the first time receives more gas from Europe than from Russia
US Secretary of State criticized “Nord Stream – 2” gas pipeline project
Over the winter, Ukraine for the first time received more gas from Europe than from Russia, US Secretary of State John Kerry stated during his meeting with the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs Federica Mogherini.
Press service of the US Department of State informed about this.
Kerry noted, that the USA is helping Ukraine decrease energetic dependence from the Russian Federation and the fact that Ukraine already receives more gas from Europe demonstrates, that high results can be achieved with a clear strategy.
John Kerry also criticized “Nord Stream – 2” and noted, that the gas pipeline project raises a debate on both coasts of the Atlantic and that implementation of the project may negatively affect Ukraine, Slovakia and other countries of Eastern Europe. “We mustn’t overlook this issue”, - Kerry stated.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case