Kasko in Prosecutor General’s Office: From official to suspect
We traced back how Vitaliy Kasko turned from a fighter against corruption to an object of investigation
Former Deputy Prosecutor General Vitaliy Kasko is suspected of real estate fraud. We traced back how Kasko turned from a fighter against corruption to an object of investigation.
On May 16, 2014 Vitaliy Kasko was appointed Deputy Prosecutor General on international legal cooperation.
In 2015, Kasko and former Deputy Prosecutor General David Sakvarelidze initiated a criminal rocedure against former prosecutors Volodymyr Shapakin and Oleksandr Kornyyets, accused of bribery. Kasko and Sakvarelidze reported considerable pressure on them regarding this case.
On January 20, Solomenskiy court of Kyiv satisfied the appeal of MP Ihor Lutsenko and ordered National Anti-Corruption Bureau to investigate how Kasko received housing from the office. Kasko allegedly has 3 apartments: one of them – 50 sq. meters and 2 two-level apartments in newly built houses in the center of Kyiv.
On February 15, Kasko resigned, calling prosecution office a “dead body” filled with corruption.
On March 28, court arrested Kasko's 3-room apartment, which was initiated by then-acting Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin. General Prosecutor’s Office explained that the former Deputy Prosecutor General is suspected of real estate fraud.
Tomorrow, Kasko must turn up for interrogation.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case