John McCain: Savchenko’s further detention is neglect of international law
McCain encouraged Kerry to call on Russian authorities to release Savchenko
Chairman of the US Senate Armed Services Committee John McCain sent a letter to the US State Secretary John Kerry, encouraging him to focus on Nadia Savchenko’s release during his meeting with President of Russia Vladimir Putin in Moscow, informed press service of John McCain.
“I strongly encourage you to put Ms. Savchenko’s case on the agenda. Her further detention and the verdict openly demonstrate neglect for international law and breach commitments of the Russia Federation, indicated in Minsk agreements. The message should be transmitted to the Russian authorities and encourage them to implement international commitments and immediately release Savchenko”, - McCain wrote.
Earlier, on March 22, Nadia Savchenko was sentences to 22 years of imprisonment by the Russian court.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars