Jamala becomes Honored Artist of Ukraine
"Jamala has made a lot of people happy", - President of Ukraine
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko assigned Jamala, who won this year’s Eurovision song contest, the title of Honored Artist of Ukraine, reports press service of President Poroshenko.
“The victory was fantastic. You’ve made a lot of people happy”, - Poroshenko said handing Jamala the award.
Poroshenko said, that Jamala’s victory is very significant to Ukrainians and Crimean Tatars: “The whole world supports Ukraine and Crimea, Crimean Tatar people. Your song, telling the story about your great-grandmother and her little daughter, the story of your people, is so touching, that it’s simply impossible not to vote for it, not to express support for the freedom of Crimea”.
Poroshenko is convinced, that this will contribute to a faster regain of Ukrainian sovereignty on the peninsula: “You’ve made a huge contribution to returning Crimea back in international focus”.
Earlier, Ukrainian singer Jamala won “Eurovision 2016”. Representative from Australia Dami Im came second. Sergei Lazarev from Russia ranks third.
Ukraine received 534 points – 211 from juries and 323 in the televoting. Jamala performed with her song “1944” about the destiny of Crimean Tatars.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels