Ukraine singer Jamala reaches Eurovision final
Jamala will sing “1944” in Eurovision grand final on May 14
Ukrainian singer Jamala is now in the Eurovision final scheduled which will kick off this Saturday.
Jamala has successfully performed at the semi-final 2 in Stockholm with her song “1944”. Jamala explained, that she was inspired to write her song by her grandmother’s story about the tragedy of deportation of Crimean Tatars back in 1944.
Performers from Georgia, Latvia, Bulgaria, Australia, Serbia, Poland, Israel, Lithuania and Belgium have also reached the final.
The song is in two languages – English and Crimean Tatar.
According to the results of semi-final 1, on May 10, 10 countries out of 18 reached the final: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Malta, the Czech Republic, Cyprus, Croatia, Russia, Hungary and the Netherlands.
5 more countries have reached the final automatically: Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the country hosting the contest – Sweden.
Watch Jamala's performance (source: Eurovision Song Contest official YouTube channel):
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain