Intelligence service published data on Crimea seizure by Russia in 2014
Also the committee released a transcript of the National Security Council meeting of 28 February 2014
Chief Directorate of Intelligence of Ukrainian Defence Ministry (CDI) published the infographic regarding the events of February-March 2014 during the seizure of the Crimea by Russia. Data is published on the National Security and Defence parliamentary committee website. Unfortunately part of the material is not yet available.
Also National Comitee reported that Russia was close to invading Kyiv in February 2014 bringing in aviation
According to the infographic, during Russian military aggression against Ukraine about 6.8 thousand Ukrainian civilians were killed, over 17 thousand were injured, and about 2,3 million became internal migrants.
Earlier at NATO summit in Bucharest (April 2008), Vladimir Putin summed up the Russian strategy towards Ukraine, saying: “Ukraine generally is not the state. Part of its territory is Eastern Europe, and another large part, is gifted by us. If Ukraine will go to NATO, it will go without the Crimea and the East – the country will just fall apart."
In preparation for Crimea annexation Russia used soft power (expanding network anti-Ukrainian political parties, movements and organizations and their support) and hard power concepts (Russian troops in Crimea upgrading and modernization after signing “Kharkiv agreements” in 2010).
Recall, today the committee released a transcript of the National Security Council meeting of 28 February 2014, where those present considered the possibility of martial law introduction.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain