‘Installation of a sarcophagus over Chernobyl power station is on schedule’: Ukraine’s Minister
The installation is expected to finish in 168 days, according to the Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources
Installation of a sarcophagus over 4th energy block of Chernobyl nuclear power station is on schedule, Ukraine’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources Ostap Semerak informed on Facebook.
He mentioned, that he held a work meeting with Vince Novak – Head of EBRD’s (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development) department for nuclear safety ‘Ukraine-EBRD’.
‘We’ve received great news – EBRD already has on its account funds collected by donor-states to build a disposal repository for spent nuclear fuel, including EUR 1,4 million from Ukraine’, - Semerak said.
He mentioned, that the meeting was focused around the construction of a sarcophagus over the 4th energy block of Chernobyl power station: ‘Installation of the sarcophagus is on schedule. I expect, the construction will be finished in 168 days’, - Semerak.
The Minister also expects, that cooperation between EBRD and Ukraine will be prolonged at the EBRD Assembly of donor-states in London on July 22.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case