IMF: Signals from new Ukrainian government are very reassuring
Mission of the Fund will work in Ukraine on May 10-18
First signals coming from the new Cabinet Ministers of Ukraine are very reassuring, Deputy Head of the European Department of IMF Mahmood Pradhan, reports Reuters.
“We believe, the signals of the new government to stay in the program, continue cooperation and their own efforts are very reassuring”, - he said.
Pradhan expressed hope, that the program of financial aid will work and “what is even more important, is that the necessary measures will continue to be implemented and will be successful”.
It has been reported earlier, that IMF Mission will work in Kyiv on May 10-18. The Mission will continue debating the second revision of EFF program at political with Ukrainian authorities.
IMF representative stated, that it’s still early to talk about how long the revision will last.
Earlier, European Commissioner for Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn stated, that the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine must further cooperation with IMF in order to receive the second tranche from the EU in the amount of €600 million. The IMF also stated, that it doesn’t consider the possibility of suspension of cooperation with Ukraine and is ready to collaborate with the new government of Ukraine chaired by Volodymyr Groysman.
The IMF Board of Directors plans to appraise how Ukraine meets the updated credit regulations during the second revision of EFF program.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas