IMF approves boost in gas prices for Ukrainians
According to IMF, this will reduce corruption
International Monetary Fund approves the decision of Ukrainian government to establish a unified gas price for population and industry at the level of $275 per 1,000 cubic meters, it is said in the comment of official representative of IMF for DW.
“We welcome the government’s decision to boost prices on gas and central heating up to the cost recovery level based on market parity, which will help avoid inappropriate targeting and overly expensive subsidies”, - the Fund noted.
IMF emphasizes, that Ukrainian government will neutralize the boost of tariffs for poor population groups by way of a “better targeted and a much more efficient system of subsidies for covering communal services”.
“New tariffs will also help reduce the scale of corruption and will encourage further reduction of energy costs, stimulate investment and, thus, will help achieve energy independence”, - IMF assured.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels