Himalayan peak named after Ukraine’s Nadiya Savchenko
Nepali authorities issue a certificate to name the peak ‘Nadiya’
A Himalayan peak has been named after Ukraine’s MP and pilot, Nadiya Savchenko, sports journalist Valentyn Shcherbachev said to ‘Hromadske Radio’.
‘I decided to call one of the mountains after Nadiya Savchenko, because this woman fought against the system of a bloody dictator for over two years. Last year, I named a mountain after heroes of Ukraine. This time, Nepali authorities issued an official certificate to name the other peak ‘Nadiya’, - the journalist said and noted, that ‘Himalayas is a very big and young mountain system. Many peaks are still unnamed’.
‘I’ve been trying to talk Nepali authorities into giving one of the peaks a Ukrainian name for over twenty years’, - Shcherbachev explained.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars