Hillary vs. Trump: How will the new president transform the USA?
Clinton aims to enhance the USA’s role in global arena, unlike Trump, who is more likely to pursue a policy of isolation
In the two previous presidential elections, voting tendencies in the USA showed a preference for ‘unconventional’ political leaders (meaning, that earlier, Americans tended to vote for representatives of one and the same group of society). Therefore, Hillary Clinton as the new president would be both interesting and novel for the United States. Besides, Americans have always tended to demonstrate new ways of thinking and acting.
Perhaps, this is what Clinton and her team will manage to act on eventually. This might also give her additional advantage compared to her potentially explosive opponent.
In case this time Americans again will vote ‘unconventionally’, we’ll get a fair chance for more positive Ukraine-USA relations, with the United States a leader in global arena. Considering everything we hear from Trump, his policy would return the USA to isolation, which would be a great loss for the country.
Gladly, Hillary Clinton’s rhetoric demonstrates no such tendencies. Therefore, her attitude to the significance of NATO, transatlantic solidarity and world’s armed conflicts will be adequate. Which means, adequate behavior regarding Russian aggression, which, in its turn, would give Ukraine more chances. How these chances will be used and whether we’ll get everything we hope for – is a completely different issue, but chances of success will definitely be much higher.
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
- UKRAINE TOP 15:01“Putin is a nit:” Savchenko’s most scandalous statements
- POLITICS11:09NATO is preparing for Russian military aggression
- UKRAINE TOP 23:21Savchenko’s factor at Russian court hearing on Klyh-Karpyuk case
- SOCIETY20:32Crimea: zone of lawlessness
- POLITICS17:13More proposals than complaints: Ukrainians' appeals to Parliament - infographics
- UA & EU16:22Netherlands rejects EU-Ukraine deal: What will happen to the Ukraine’s AA?
- UA & EU14:20EU increases trade protection: Сonsequences for Ukraine
- POLITICS13:015 versions of the mysterious deaths in unrecognized LPR republic
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:45Escalation at Mariupol direction: Russian blackmail and unwillingness to fulfill agreement
- SOCIETY23:15The Great Ukrainian: Biography of Bogdan Hawrylyshyn
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case