Groysman’s vision of cooperation with IMF
“The task of the government is to fulfil obligations to which Ukraine had committed”, - Groysman
Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groysman explained his vision of Ukraine’s further cooperation with IMF. The PM commented on this issue at a briefing aired by “112 Ukraine”.
“The first point is the agreement signed by Ukraine and IMF. This agreement presupposes a number of tasks that need to be addressed. The function of the government is to fulfil obligations Ukraine had committed to. The second point is the plan of cooperation with IMF – this is not IMF’s plan, this is Ukraine’s plan. The reforms we need to implement are unfortunately very painful, but they are necessary to develop a strong economy and adequate social standards in Ukraine. The third point is that there are a number of unpopular decisions, which need to be understood and accepted, including economic feasibility of the price on gas. I understand that this issue needs to be solved and we are currently working to make it public, open and clear for Ukrainian people… “, - Groysman stated.
Earlier, IMF announced readiness to continue cooperation with the new government of Ukraine.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain