Groysman: Results of Dutch referendum – wake-up call for Ukraine
We need to show the international community, that Ukraine won’t turn from the path of European reforms
According to Speaker of Ukrainian parliament Volodymyr Groysman, negative outcome of the Association referendum in the Netherlands is a wake-up call for Ukraine.
“Unfortunately, result of the Dutch referendum turned out to be negative for Ukraine. We respect the will of the Dutch citizens. Although, we understand, that the referendum is strictly consultative, this is a wake-up call for Ukraine. There’s only one way for all of us to stand by our European future – we need to work on our mistakes and give clear signals to citizens of Ukraine and international community, that we won’t turn from the path of European reforms”, - Groysman wrote on Facebook.
Speaker of Ukrainian parliament believes that Ukraine will become part of Europe “despite difficulties we are facing and problems our European friends need to overcome”.
According to updated results of exit polls in Ukraine-EU Association referendum in the Netherlands, the turnout amounted to 32,2%. 61,1% of the Dutch voted against the Association, 38,1% - supported the agreement.
Meanwhile, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko stated, that results of the recent Association referendum in the Netherlands are not an obstacle for Ukraine on the way to Europe.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas