Georgii Gongadze`s murder for 15 years yet remains uninvestigated
"Arm yourself with truth!" is a slogan of this year`s solidarity action devoted to the commemoration of Georgii Gongadze and every other journalists killed
On September 16, the day of Ukrainian journalist Georgii Gongadze`s disappearance in the year of 2000, journalists and media organizations call to hold solidarity actions all over Ukraine dedicated to commemoration of all journalists killed during the years of Ukrainian Independence, Telekritika reports.
From 11 am till 8 pm Kyiv time, in support of the memorial event the Twitter – storm to be held. In order to favor an action, one need to write a tweet consisting of textual message and one of the following hashtags: #Gongadze,# Гонгадзе, #Ukraine, #thruthisnotacrime.
Such commemoration actions are planned to be held today in different cities from all regions of Ukraine, including Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi, Lutsk, Mariupol, Zaporozhzhia, Uzhgorod, states Galician correspondent. The organizers are calling journalists and activists in the regions to hold press conferences, meetings with local authorities and law-enforcement bodies, and to meet in the evening on cities` main squares to honor the memory of the victims.
To the knowledge, Georgii Gongadze was Ukrainian journalist and chief-editor of online newspaper "Ukrainian truth" who was kidnapped and murdered in the year of 2000. His murder remains the most high-profile criminal case during the Independence years in Ukraine and yet remains uninvestigated since as the assasin`s paymasters are still unknown. Reportedly, Valentyna Telychenko, attorney at law and defence lawyer of Georgii`s widow Myroslava Gongadze, claimed that with time the chances for succesful investigation and closing the file are dwindling due to the 15-year term of limitation of the case as well as complication of access to materials of investigation and evidence from data storage devices, that is why she suggested the end of Autumn 2015 to be the last time the investigation of the case could be successful.
"This is the last time when we can realistically hope that the investigation will result. The further we are from 2000, the more difficult to find something. Although I do not rule out a possibility, that in a few years here and there some memories will appear,"- said Valentina Telychenko, Ukrinform.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars