Geoffrey Pyatt: USA welcomes resignation of Prosecutor General
The USA believe that new Prosecutor General must be independent
The United States welcome resignation of Prosecutor General of Ukraine Viktor Shokin. The US believe currently it’s important to appoint a new Prosecutor General ready to implement reforms, stated the US Ambassador in Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt, reports “Interfax-Ukraina”.
“It doesn’t matter how much help international community provides to Ukraine, how much funds and technical support Ukraine receives. Ukraine isn’t challenged by eliminating corruption. For this reason, today’s events in Verkhovna Rada regarding resignation of Prosecutor General, which we highly approve, are so important”, - the Ambassador said.
Pyatt noted that currently it is very important to appoint a new independent, professional Prosecutor General, who will have support of the people of Ukraine.
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels