French National Assembly voted against resolution extending anti-Russian sanctions
The resolution has a recommendatory nature and doesn’t commit the authorities to specific actions
Deputies of the lower house of French parliament voted for the resolution, encouraging state authorities to oppose extension of European sanctions against the Russian Federation, reported press service of the National Assembly.
98 deputies voted on the resolution. 55 deputies out of the necessary 50 supported the resolution.
The resolution is of a strictly recommendatory nature and doesn’t commit the authorities to specific actions.
The voting was initiated by co-chair of the association “Franco-Russian dialogue" and the member of the committee for foreign affairs Thierry Mariani. The author of the document encourages Paris to admit “complete inefficiency” of the sanctions, which threatens interests of France.
Mariani and his adherents also encourage to reject extension of personal sanctions against members of Russian parliament, since this measure hinders development of bilateral cooperation. Moreover, the deputies see it necessary to start negotiations with Moscow regarding Russian embargo on agricultural production.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars