Ukraine's military infrastructure lacks 'capability' to handle modern weapons: Ex-U.S. Defense Chief
Chuck Hagel explains US' hesitance to provide Ukraine with lethal aid
Former US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel blames Ukraine's infrastructure for lacking 'capablity' to handle modern weapons. The former top defense official said that this was one of the main reasons why the US has been hesitant to provide Ukraine with leathal aid.
"If you started providing sophisticated weaponry to the Ukrainians, first of all, most of them wouldn’t have the capability to use it, and second, that would accelerate the killing…And then you get into this question: Do you want to go to war with Russia over Ukraine?" Hagel said during a meeting of the Atlantic Council.
Meanwhile, Vice-President of Atlantic Council Damon Wilson believes, that the situation has been provoked by President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin: “We must pick the right strategy, both from psychological and military points of view, ensure pacification in the area and avoid being dragged into a war with Russia".
Wilson added, that instead of supplying Ukraine with weapons, the USA should focus on ensuring stability in eastern Europe.
However, at the beginning of May, the newly appointed NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe Curtis Scaparotti stated, that he intends to find out what weapons exactly Ukraine requires to counter Russian aggression.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain