Federica Mogherini encouraged Russia to release Nadiya Savchenko
Savchenko’s health is rapidly declining and the EU is concerned about vital consequences,- Mogherini
The EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini called on the Russian Federation to release Nadiya Savchenko without further delays and conditions.
The text of her address is published on the website of the European External Action Service.
“Her release would be in line with Russia’s international human rights commitments as well as with the ‘Package of measures for the implementation of the Minsk agreements’ and the commitment therein to release all hostages and detained persons related to the conflict in eastern Ukraine”, - it is said in Mogherini’s address.
Mogherini emphasized that this is no longer a judicial or political matter, but a matter of human compassion. “Her health condition is deteriorating rapidly and we all fear terrible consequences”, - Mogherini wrote.
The Russian court will announce its verdict in Savchenko’s case on March 21.
Nadiya Savchenko announced hunger strike on March 4.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee