They charge the country’s national air company with violation of the contract and security ignorance during the flight over the conflict zone. The families demand that the air company pays compensation. According to their lawyer, relatives of the deceased passengers intend to support the lawsuit. In May, the ECHR received the lawsuit from the relatives of the MH17 passengers against Russia and personally President Putin for the emotional distress. As is known, the Boeing 777 of Malaysian Airlines, widely referred to as MH17 flight, was downed by Russian-made anti-aircraft missile Buk. The incident took place over Torez, Donetsk region, eastern Ukraine, on July 17, 2014. The aircraft carried 298 people on board; no one survived the tragedy. International experts found out that the missile was fired from the militant-held territory.
19:20 24.03.2017 Voronenkov’s killer got fired from National Guard for inability to meet contract terms
Families of the 6 crew members of the downed MH17 aircraft plan to sue Malaysia Airlines
Because of the negligence in setting the route of the flight.
- SPORT00:03Croatia-Ukraine: Shevchenko’s team loses in Zagreb
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5148 attacks reported in Donbas, two Ukrainian officers killed
- UA & EU23:14Tusk and Poroshenko to meet in Malta
- UKRAINE TOP 22:27Current situation in Balakliya: Fire extinguished
- UKRAINE TOP 22:00HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: Mar. 20 - 24
- UKRAINE TOP 21:15Voronenkov’s ceremony will be held in St Volodymyr's Cathedral in Kyiv
- SOCIETY20:34Journalist Kristina Berdynskykh released from police station in Minsk
- RUSSIA19:53ISIS claimed responsibility for attack on Russian Guard unit in Chechnya
- UKRAINE TOP 19:20Voronenkov’s killer got fired from National Guard for inability to meet contract terms
- UKRAINE TOP 18:46Ukrainian journalist detained in Belarus
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:35, 20 March Ukrainian busted upon attempt to ship 10 kg of amber to Poland