They charge the country’s national air company with violation of the contract and security ignorance during the flight over the conflict zone. The families demand that the air company pays compensation. According to their lawyer, relatives of the deceased passengers intend to support the lawsuit. In May, the ECHR received the lawsuit from the relatives of the MH17 passengers against Russia and personally President Putin for the emotional distress. As is known, the Boeing 777 of Malaysian Airlines, widely referred to as MH17 flight, was downed by Russian-made anti-aircraft missile Buk. The incident took place over Torez, Donetsk region, eastern Ukraine, on July 17, 2014. The aircraft carried 298 people on board; no one survived the tragedy. International experts found out that the missile was fired from the militant-held territory.
Families of the 6 crew members of the downed MH17 aircraft plan to sue Malaysia Airlines
Because of the negligence in setting the route of the flight.
OSCE: Removing human ashes from MH17 crash site is no journalism 10 January, 17:33
Relatives of MH17 victims demanded renewed search in Ukraine 15 January, 10:23
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21Militants threaten to stop coal supplies
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:39Donbas conflict: Militants repeatedly shell Krymske from 120 mm mortars
- POLITICS08:00Inauguration day today
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 120 mm mines hit Krymske in Luhansk region
- SOCIETY22:48MP Nayem gets into road accident near building of 112 Ukraine TV channel
- UA & EU21:26EU diplomats ready to extend sanctions against Yanukovych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany