They charge the country’s national air company with violation of the contract and security ignorance during the flight over the conflict zone. The families demand that the air company pays compensation. According to their lawyer, relatives of the deceased passengers intend to support the lawsuit. In May, the ECHR received the lawsuit from the relatives of the MH17 passengers against Russia and personally President Putin for the emotional distress. As is known, the Boeing 777 of Malaysian Airlines, widely referred to as MH17 flight, was downed by Russian-made anti-aircraft missile Buk. The incident took place over Torez, Donetsk region, eastern Ukraine, on July 17, 2014. The aircraft carried 298 people on board; no one survived the tragedy. International experts found out that the missile was fired from the militant-held territory.
23:09 20.02.2017 Artemenko to present his plan for settlement of current Ukrainian situation in March
20:54 20.02.2017 Presidential Administration commented on "Artemenko’s plan": We are not trading territory
19:19 20.02.2017 Ukraine’s population decreased to 42.5 million people in 2016, - Statistics Service
Families of the 6 crew members of the downed MH17 aircraft plan to sue Malaysia Airlines
Because of the negligence in setting the route of the flight.
Conflict-related sexual violence in Donbas: extracts of the UN report 20 February, 10:05
Pro-Russian militants, OSCE ready to discuss Minsk agreement implementation 17 February, 16:41
Donbas conflict: 49 shelling reported in ATO area over the day 18 February, 23:16
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported over past day
- UKRAINE TOP 23:09Artemenko to present his plan for settlement of current Ukrainian situation in March
- UKRAINE TOP 22:16Mass demonstrations regarding Donbas trade blockade were held in Kyiv
- UKRAINE TOP 21:35Poroshenko appointed Ambassador to Belarus
- UKRAINE TOP 20:54Presidential Administration commented on "Artemenko’s plan": We are not trading territory
- UKRAINE TOP 20:23NABU questioned Akhmetov on "Onyshchenko recordings"
- RUSSIA19:46Russian Ambassador to UN Vitaly Churkin dies in New York
- UKRAINE TOP 19:19Ukraine’s population decreased to 42.5 million people in 2016, - Statistics Service
- FINANCE18:51SIPRI: Ukraine increases sales of military products to Russia in 2016
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:29MEP Rebecca Harms visits Avdiivka
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:25, 20 February "I am a Muslim Too" against Trump's immigration policies in New York
18:22, 20 February Unprecedented protest in London: "Say no to Trump"