Extended ban on Russian films in Ukraine starts today
The amendment to the law “On cinematograph” was adopted by Ukrainian parliament on March 29
Amendments to the law “On cinematograph” in Ukraine come into force on April 22. According to the amendments, broadcast of Russian movies, filmed after January 1, 2014 and demonstrated after this date, is banned.
237 Members of Ukrainian parliament voted for the bill №3359 “On amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On cinematograph” (regarding films of aggressor-state)”.
On April 20, the document was signed by President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko. The law comes into force next day after its official publication in “Holos Ukrainy” (Ukarine’s Voice) newspaper. It was published on April 21.
Earlier, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine authorized the State Film Agency to ban broadcast of films featuring actors, declared persona non grata in Ukraine.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars