Exhumation of Ukrainian writer's remains was forced
Ukrainian side was able see and take photos of the remains of Oleksandr Oles
The exhumation was forced. This was also explained by the CEO of Prague cemeteries Office. Oleksandr Oles was buried in 1944, and his wife - in 1948. The coffins were completely rotten, so the remains fell down. When the coffin was opened, it became clear. That’s why the remains had to be picked up. And they were moved, " Goshovskiy said.
Ukrainian side was able see and take photos of the remains. Further it was agreed that the remains should be kept for now in the depository.
Earlier it was reported that the remains of prominent Ukrainian writer exhumed in Czech Republic. Another man may be buried in the tomb of Oleksandr Oles, Ukrainian writes of the 20th century.
Border guards rescue Czech citizen lost in mountains in Zakarpattia 21 December, 16:51
Czech government to let Ukraine re-bury writer Olexandr Oles 5 January, 19:09
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany