European Parliament will streamline visa liberalization for Ukraine: EP President
Ukraine’s President and Martin Schulz discussed Nadia Savchenko’s release, visa liberalization, anti-Russian sanctions and Donbas conflict over the phone
Ukraine's President Poroshenko had a telephone conversation with President of the European Parliament Martin Schulz, Poroshenko’s press service reports.
Schulz congratulated Poroshenko and entire Ukraine on release of Ukrainian pilot and MP Nadia Savchenko from Russian prison: ‘It’s great news for Ukraine’s partners, who have been fighting for her release from Russian imprisonment for two years. This is the victory of Ukraine’s President and all Ukrainian people’.
Petro Poroshenko expressed hope for EP’s further support when it comes to release of other Ukrainian citizens illegally arrested in Russia and pressure on the Russian Federation to fully implement Minsk peace deals.
Martin Schulz expressed deep concern over security and safety in Donbas and condemned the increase of attacks against Ukraine’s Armed Forces from Russian-backed militants and added, that under these circumstances it’s impossible to lift or even ease anti-Russian economic sanctions.
The EP’s President assured Poroshenko of European Parliament’s further aid when it comes to streamlining visa liberalization for Ukraine: ‘Tomorrow, we will start considering the European Commission’s proposal on visa liberalization for Ukraine. We intend to finalize the process as soon as possible’.
Poroshenko informed about Ukraine’s progress with reforms. Schulz, in his turn, assured of the EU’s further unchanged support of reforms in Ukraine.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case