European Parliament: visa-free regime for Ukraine is closer than ever before
European Parliament speaker on visa liberalization in Ukraine Maria Gabriel mentioned that Ukraine has showed a great progress towards visa-free regime
She reminded that EU visa policy is based on mutuality, and Ukraine has already cancelled visa regime for citizens of the EU states, reports “Ukrinform”.
She said that Ukraine achieved the biggest progress in 2015 in the process of visa liberalization dialogue with EU that started in 2008.
European Commission announced the legislative proposal on visa liberalization for Ukraine on April 20. It takes at least a month to prepare and analyze the proposal, after which it must be approved by EU Council.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas