European Council called on Russia to release all illegally withhold Ukrainians
"We call on Russia to release all the people, all the Ukrainians who are illegally withhold", - said Tusk
Economic sanctions against Russia will continue. Stated President of the European Council Donald Tusk during the statement to the press in Brussels, which was broadcasted by "112 Ukraine" TV channel.
"A free trade regime between Ukraine and the EU is already partially working. Tomorrow will mark two years since illegal annexation of Crimea. The EU continues the policy of non-recognition of this illegal annexation. We insist on the implementation of the Minsk agreements. At the same time, further actions are also important and in particular sanctions, economic sanctions against Russia will be continued. We call on Russia to release all the people, all the Ukrainians, who are being there illegally, who are illegally withhold ", - Tusk said.
It should be pointed out that Poroshenko also plans to hold trilateral talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande.
As reported, today Brussels held the session of EU Council, EU leaders gather here, in addition to the summit of the largest European party - "European People's Party", on the today discussion of the summit will be present Petro Poroshenko.
It is expected that in addition to a visa-free regime of president will lobby for the creation of "Savchenko list" that would help to put more pressure on the Russian leadership to release Nadiya Savchenko.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas