Ukraine’s reform efforts bring ‘positive results’: EU official
EU commissioner highlights Ukraine’s progress and urges to continue with reforms
Ukraine must continue its reform process and its fight against corruption, according to European Commissioner for Migration Dimitris Avramopoulos. This includes reforming the judicial system and the prosecutor’s office, stressed the EU official during his visit to Ukraine.
Avramopoulos has also congratulated Ukraine’s government on reforms as part of the visa liberalization process. The commissioner went on to say that “Ukraine’s enormous efforts have brought positive results”.
“Fight against corruption remains a priority issue, which is a good thing. Our proposal to cancel visa obligations for Ukrainian citizens is a sign of recognition of successful reforms”, Avramopoulos added.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain