EU to decide on visa-free regime with Ukraine till the end of this year, - Klympush Tsintsadze
There are no guarantees that voting on visa-free regime with Ukraine will take place before November 24, - Klympush Tsintsadze
The EU has all the opportunities to make the decision on visa-free regime with Ukraine. This was reported in margines of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the session of which was broadcasted by 112 Ukraine channel, Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration Ivanna Klympush-Tsintsadze announced.
“I think that the European Union has all the opportunities to make the decision on visa-free regime with Ukraine,” she said.
Answering the question if it’s possible that the visa-free regime for Ukraine will be adopted before the adoption of suspension mechanism of the regime, “We will be working for this decision to be made no matter when the regime suspension mechanism for third countries will be adopted. For Georgia this process depended on this mechanism taking effect and I suspect the same will be for Ukraine,” the Vice-Minister commented.
Speaking about guarantees that visa-free regime voting will take place before November 24, “There are no such guarantees,” she said.
“For Georgia EU representatives and ambassadors assembled and made the decision about the beginning of a trialogue, the contractual position that approves granting a visa-free regime for Georgia. It states that visa-free regime will take effect after adopting the regime of possible suspension mechanism,” the Vice-Minister said.
“To actually make this decision work on the border, it has to be translated to EU languages, give the instructions to all the border guards, customs officers in all EU member countries and it takes 1,5-3 months within inner procedures of the EU. So, let’s not get attached to the date and understand that there is a procedure. We are trying to accelerate it. I do not see any reasons or pretexts why the visa-free regime cannot be implemented in Ukraine”.
Earlier it was reported that Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko still hopes and does everything possible to maintain progress in getting visa-free regime with EU before the summit on November 24.
EU-Ukraine summit: New opportunities and expectations 24 November, 08:19
Ukraine’s highway to visa-free regime with EU 28 November, 18:55
Visa liberalization for Ukraine is on EU ambassadors’ meeting agenda 17 November, 18:21
EU-Ukraine Summit: what benefits Ukraine gets from meeting in Brussels 25 November, 10:02
- europe12:17Freight train derailed in Bulgaria, there are victims
- UKRAINE TOP 11:31Every effort is made to return political prisoners from Russia, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS10:46CIA identified individuals who helped Russia intervene in US elections
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09SAP calls Onishchenko for questioning on December 13
- SOCIETY09:25Suicide bombers kill 56 people in Nigeria
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:2831 attack reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE TOP 07:41Ukrainian who put up "Heavenly Hundred Street" sign on the house was detained in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:4914 attacks reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- asia23:17UN General Assembly called for immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria
- POLITICS22:51Manafort claimed that “shadow accounting” documents are fake
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism