EU demands to cancel ban of Mejlis
The decision of Crimea’s Prosecutor was called an outrageous attack against rights of Crimean Tatars
The decision of the Prosecutor of Crimea Natalia Poklonska to suspend Mejlis is a very disturbing sign and presents an outrageous attack on the rights of Crimean Tatars, it is said in the report EU Office in Ukraine.
“This decision, adopted as part of the ongoing trial on ban of Mejlis as an extremist organization, must be cancelled immediately”, - the EU representatives insist.
It has been reported earlier, that Head of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars Refat Chubarov believes that suspension of Mejlis is a cynical response of the President of the Russian Federatio Vladimir Putin to international community, that earlier urged to stop prosecution of Crimean Tatar people. According to Chubarov, Poroshenko should summon UN Security Council, executive bodies of the European Union and the Council of Europe in order to prevent the threat to Crimean Tatar people from Russia, which occupied the peninsula.
Earlier, on April 13, Prosecutor of Crimea Natalia Poklonska suspended Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas