‘EU considers postponing visa liberalization with Ukraine’: Ukraine’s Ambassador to EU
The EU intends to reserve the right to revise visa liberalization with each separate country
The European Union considers a possibility of postponing visa liberalization with Ukraine, Ukraine’s Ambassador to the EU Mykola Tochytskiy informed in an interview to Eurointegration. The official noted, that the EU’s migration crisis causes Ukraine’s issue to drag for so long.
The Ambassador explained, that the European Commission intends to reserve the right to revise visa liberalization with each separate country after it had already been introduced.
‘Some countries believe, that it’s necessary, first of all, to reserve this EU’s right legally and only then cancel visa obligations for Ukraine’, - Tochitskiy said.
According to the Ambassador, there’s still no final decision regarding this issue.
‘If visa liberalization for Ukraine is postponed, the EU may lose a reliable partner on its eastern border’, - he added.
It has been reported earlier, that the EU is discussing a mechanism, that enables suspending visa liberalization with each partner country after cancellation of visa obligations had already been introduced.
On April 20, the European Commission proposed the European Parliament and the Council of Europe to cancel visa obligations for citizens of Ukraine.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars