'EU, USA are pushing Ukraine to hold elections in occupied Donbas’: Journalist
An armed OSCE police mission has been suggested to monitor any future elections
Political issues have been the focus of recent Ukraine peace talks held on May 18 in Minsk, Belarus. However, safety issues in occupied territories of Donbas have not yet been settled, correspondent Valeriy Kalinovskiy informed in an interview to “112 Ukraine”.
“The EU and the USA push Ukraine to hold local election in occupied territories, however it’s still being hit by shelling, captives are still being detained and Ukraine still has no control over the border. Thus, it’s not easy to negotiate an election”, - Kalinovskiy said.
According to the correspondent, no considerable progress was reached during Minsk peace talks on May 18.
However, OSCE representative Martin Sajdik informed, that the number of ceasefire violations in the conflict area has been reduced significantly.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars