EP: Results of Dutch referendum mustn’t influence content of the Association
First, we must receive very specific information from government of the Netherlands, - Plenkovic
Rejection of Ukraine-EU Association in Dutch referendum mustn’t influence content of the Agreement, stated Head of Delegation of European Parliament in Ukraine-EU Association Committee Andrej Plenkovic in an interview with UNIAN correspondent.
“We must find a solution, that would be adopted at the level of Council or at the level of European Parliament, that would contain a response to concerns of the Dutch people, perhaps by way of a declaration, but without any formal changes to the content of the Agreement. This would be fair to Ukraine and take into account results of the referendum”, - Plenkovic said.
Plenkovic also noted, that it’s necessary to receive “very specific information from government of the Netherlands as to what they intend to do about it”. “Then, we’ll see which way to go”, - he added.
It has been reported earlier, that government of the Netherlands will decide on its position concerning Ukraine-EU Association Agreement not sooner than the end of June.
On April 12, the Netherlands announced results of the Association referendum: 61% of the Dutch voted against the Association, turnout amounted to 32,2% (out of necessary 30%).
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case