Energy blockade of Crimea to start in October- Chubarov
Cessation of electricity delivery could be the next step of ongoing blockade of the peninsula
Termination of electricity supply to the annexed Crimea could be the next step in the blockade of the peninsula, the leader of the Majlis of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov claimed.
"We do not exclude that in the second stage of the protest action the cessation of the electricity supply is to be primal, but I always say that I think it will be in October. At the checkpoint “Kalanchak” and “Chaplinka” long queues of trucks persist, although yesterday, about 40 trucks of the two queues turned around and went to other cities in mainland area of Ukraine. We talk over the drivers, although they understand the reasons for this public blockade of the Crimea, still they have employers and now they expect of them the command words ," Chubarov said.
Earlier, the leader of the Crimean Tatars, Mustafa Dzhemilev stated that the issue of termination of the electricity supply in Crimea from mainland Ukraine will soon raise in front of the Ukrainian government. Dzhemilev expressed opinion that in the part of the Ukrainian authorities there are grounds for the continuation of electricity delivery to the Crimea, Censor.net.
As it was reported before, the trading blockade of the administrative border with Crimea started 3 days ago and still goes on. Activists blocked 3 main roads to Crimea and did not let the cargo trucks to cross the border.
In occupied Crimea reported an increase in tourist traffic 15 October, 15:32
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars