Employment Office suspended the decision to deny journalist Shuster work permit in Ukraine
The suspension followed Shuster’s written request to authorities of the Office
State Employment Office suspended its decision to deny journalist Savik Shuster work permit in Ukraine pending clarification of circumstances. SEO informed about it on Facebook.
The suspension of the decision followed Savik Shuster’s written request to authorities of the State Employment Office.
Journalist Savik Shuster’s work permit in Ukraine has been cancelled, informed MP Sergiy Leshchenko on Facebook.
“Savik Shuster has been denied work permit in Ukraine”, - Leshchenko informed, elaborating that at first he received the authorization, but later somebody “changed their mind”.
“First, they gave him authorization to work, but later… changed their mind. Two events with a 2-week gap. Staff of migration service changed their mind after a phone call. This is what telephone justice looks like. This is unacceptable and it doesn’t matter to whom it is applied”, - the MP wrote.
Savik Shuster has been working in Ukraine since 2005. He has been a host of his own talk shows “Svoboda Slova” (“Freedom of Speech”), “Svoboda Savika Shustera” (“Freedom of Savik Shuster”) and “Shuster LIVE” on a number of Ukrainian TV channels.
Journalist Savik Shuster is allegedly involved in the case about evading taxes, State Fiscal Service reported.
The agency said that “in 2008, Shuster got a loan worth of 1.3 million Euros and didn’t return the debt on time. Besides, he didn’t provide his declaration of incomes and evaded taxes on the sum of about 70 thousand US dollars, which is considered particularly large sum in the Ukrainian law”. The Service now plans to check if Shuster fully paid taxes from the unreturned loan.
According to the governmental agency, Savik Shuster was summoned to prosecutor’s office to testify in the case three times, so he apparently knew the case was actually opened.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars