Eastern Ukraine hit by more shelling from Russian-backed militants
At least 51 attacks from militants reported in Donbas
Situation in war-torn eastern Ukraine remains unstable. Russian-backed militants shelled Ukrainian military at least 51 times over the past 24 hours, ATO (Anti-Terroristic Operation) press center reports.
More shelling has been reported in Mariupol direction. There, militants attacked Ukraine’s Armed Forces 35 times. Ukrainian positions near Vodyane, Hnutove, Talakivka and Shyrokyne appeared under heavy shelling.
The situation remains tense near Avdiivka, Donetsk region, where militants shelled Ukrainian military with small arms, heavy machine guns, grenade launchers and 82 mm mortars.
Near Novoselivka, militants attacked Ukrainian forces with weapons prohibited by Minsk peace deals – 120 mm mortars.
The situation was more or less stable in Luhansk region, according to the press center.
No significant progress was reached regarding Donbas conflict settlement at yesterday’s Ukraine peace talks in Minsk.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case