Donbas Conflict: Russian-backed militants continue using heavy-caliber weapons in eastern Ukraine
Fresh shelling near eastern village of Shyrokyne, in the Donetsk region
Russian-backed militants attacked positions of Ukrainian Armed Forces in east Ukraine from weapons prohibited by Minsk peace deals 11 times over the past 24 hours, spokesman of ‘Mariupol’ sector Vitaliy Kirillov informed in an interview to ‘112 Ukraine’.
‘Many attacks have been reported in Mariupol direction: Russian-backed militants shelled our positions starting 7 a.m. Our positions near Maryinka, Pavlopol, Krasnohorivka and Ledebynske were shelled from mortars. Militants attacked from weapons prohibited by Minsk peace deals: 4 attacks from 120 mm mortars and 7 attacks from 82 mm mortars’, - the spokesman informed.
He added, that yesterday OSCE reported heavy shelling of Ukrainian positions near Shyrokyne: ‘Attacks on Shyrokyne have been reported to increase’.
Russian-backed militants attacked positions of Ukrainian Armed Forces in Donbas 47 times over the past 24 hours.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case