Donbas conflict: Russian-backed militants try to break through Ukraine’s positions near Novotroitske
At least 28 attacks from Russian-backed forces reported in east Ukraine
Pro-Russian militants attacked positions of Ukrainian Armed Forces in east Ukraine 28 times over the past 24 hours, ATO (Anti-Terroristic Operation) press center informed.
Separatist-held Donetsk and Horlivka remain the hottest flashpoints in Donbas conflict.
Russian-backed forces attacked Ukrainian positions south from Avdiivka with grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and 82 mm mortars. Zaitseve and Maryinka were shelled from 82 mm mortars and small arms respectively.
A lot of military activities have been reported in Mariupol direction. Near Shyrokyne, militants attacked Ukrainian Armed Forces with heavy machine guns and grenade launchers.
Russian-backed forces suffered casualties trying to break through Ukraine’s defense near Novotritske using an anti-tank guided missile. Ukrainian military managed to repel the attack.
In Luhansk region, near Novozvanivka, militants shelled Ukrainian soldiers with heavy machine guns, anti-aircraft units and BMP.
Militants shelled Stanitsa Luhanska with grenade launchers.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas