Donbas conflict: Fighting continues near government-held eastern villages
Ukrainian government forces report shelling near Maryinka and Avdiivka
Russian-backed militants have shelled Ukrainian government positions in the Donetsk region at least 47 times in the past 24 hours, according to ATO (Anti-Terrorist Operation) press center on Facebook.
Militants shelled Ukrainian positions near Maryinka from 82 mm mortars, small arms and grenade launchers of various systems. Near Krasnohorivka they shelled from 82 mm and 120 mm mortars, near Avdiivka – from mortars and grenade launchers.
In Mariupol direction, Ukrainian positions near Shyrokyne, Berezove and Hnutove were shelled by Russian-backed militants from heavy machine guns.
In Luhansk region, militants shelled Ukrainian positions near Stanitsa Luhanska and Novozvanivka.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars