Eastern Ukraine Update: Armed forces report fresh shelling
Ukrainian officials say 'situation remains tense'
Russian-backed seperatist forces have attacked Ukrainina positions at least 14 times in the past 24 hours according to the Anti-Terrorist operation press center on Facebook.
“Today, the situation in ATO has been tense. Militants shelled Ukrainian positions 14 times, mostly at night”, - according to the report.
Ukrainian Armed Forces have been shelled near the small eastern village of Avdiivka, in the Donetsk region. Seperatist forces had been using 82 mm mortars, grenade launchers and small arms.
In the Luhansk region militants attacked Ukrainian positions near the village of Triokhizbenka.
According to the ATO press center, militant attacks will increase during the night.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case