Discussions on lifting Russian sanctions are groundless: Merkel’s advisor
Europe’s debate on lifting sanctions against Russia is premature
Lifting of anti-Russian sanctions is directly linked to implementation of Minsk peace deals. Considering, that ceasefire agreement in Donbas is neglected, OSCE SMM movement is limited by Russian-backed militants, local elections have not yet been held, limiting measures against aggressor-state must be extended by at least 6 months, Angela Merkel’s advisor on foreign policy, Christoph Heusgen, stated, Deutsche Welle reports.
‘If the situation in eastern Ukraine remains unchanged, I see no reasons, why the sanctions must not be extended’, - Merkel’s advisor stated.
Heusgen reminded, that the round of sanctions against the Russian Federation is directly linked to implementation of Minsk peace deals, which, ‘for now’, Moscow continues to ignore.
Earlier, at G7 summit in Japan, German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, confirmed, that sanctions against Russia will stay in force, until Russia commits to its obligations under Minsk peace deal 2.
A number of Western countries have introduced several rounds of economic sanctions against Russian individuals and entities since Russia seized Crimea in March 2014.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain