Delay of Savchenko’s verdict is a “conscious and cynical punishment”, - MFA
The verdict will be announced on March 21
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine called the decision of the Russian court to delay the announcement of Nadiya Savchenko’s verdict to March 21 “a conscious and cynical punishment”, “threatening Savchenko’s life”, it is said in the Ministry’s report.
“The decision to delay the announcement of Nadiya Savchenko’s verdict to March 21, to ban diplomats, medical staff and family from visiting Savchenko are considered a conscious and cynical punishment”, - informed press service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Ministry is expressing “strong protest” and “urges international society to continue political and diplomatic pressure on the Russian Federation”.
Rallies are held in a number of Ukrainian and European cities in support of Savchenko’s release. In Odessa demonstrators threw eggs at the Russian embassy and had a clash with the law enforcement.
The demonstrations are held in Brussels, Riga and Berlin.
Today Nadiya Savhcenko voiced her final word. The Russian court will announce its verdict on March 21.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee