Decentralization in Ukraine suspended in light of failed Minsk peace agreement: Ukraine’s Speaker
Putin hinders decentralization reform in Ukraine
Decentralization in Ukraine is currently impossible in light of failed Minsk peace agreement. Reformation of local authorities in separate regions of Donetsk and Luhansk regions is impossible for the very same reason, Ukraine’s Parliament Speaker Andriy Parubiy informed in an interview to ICTV, ‘Ukrinform’ reports.
‘It’s true, that we depend on many external factors when it comes to reformation. We have suspended the decentralization reform, which is as vital for Ukraine as judicial reform’, - he stated.
The Speaker explained, that the decentralization bill contains an item on reformation of local authorities in separate regions of Donetsk and Luhansk regions, which, for now, cannot be implemented in light of failed Minsk peace agreements, mainly because of Russia. Daily attacks against Ukraine’s army and daily casualties among Ukrainian military hinder implementation of peace agreements.
‘Basically, reformation of Ukraine currently depends on Putin’, - Parubyi stated.
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels