Council of Europe announced maximum threat to mass media in Crimea
After the search and detention of journalist Nikolai Semena, Committee of the Council of Europe for protection of journalists upgraded the level of threat for mass media in Crimea
Committee of the Council of Europe for protection of journalists upgraded the level of threat for mass media in annexed Crimea to a maximum after the search and detention of Nikolai Semena – a journalist at “Krim.Realii” agency, informed the Council of Europe on its official website.
Earlier, on April 19, Federal Security Service in Crimea searched and detained Semena for separatist publications.
The journalist denies these allegations. According to his lawyer, Semena is the main suspect and he is denied exit during the ongoing investigation. If occupation authorities declare him guilty, he will be facing 5 years of prison.
The Committee reminded, that this is at least the second case, involving pressure from Russian authorities on journalists in annexed Crimea. In March 2015, FSS agents searched the parents’ house of Anna Andrevskaya for “public slogans for independence of Crimea” in her article from November 2014.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars