Clashes near Odesa City Hall
Mikheil Saakashvili called on President Petro Poroshenko to bring units of the National Guard to the city
On April 26, Head of Odesa regional state administration Mikheil Saakashvili called on President Petro Poroshenko to bring units of the National Guard to the city so as to keep the public order.
According to Saakashvili’s message at Facebook, the city mayor Hennadiy Trukhanov and his city hall were behind the attack on peaceful protesters in Odesa. The incident took place on small hours of Tuesday. “It was covered by actions of the city hall; they shut down video cameras to cover things up. Security Service agents in Odesa are busy with conducting surveillance over those who are trying to implement reforms here, instead of doing their job. We are witnessing every possible sign of the state collapse”, the official posted. He also urged the President to find out how come Odesa mayor Trukhanov still possesses Russian citizenship.
On April 26, after midnight, an unknown perpetrator used an RPG to fire at a bank in Odesa. At about 4.30 a.m., another group of thugs attacked Trukhanov’s opponents who gathered for an “anti-mayor” demonstration. In turn, the activists encircled and blocked the city hall.
City mayor Hennadiy Trukhanov commented on the events in Odeas, saying that Saakashvili was behind the night attacks on protesters. He added that the incident took place due to Saakashvili’s “failure to admit his own mistakes”.
Watch the video:
Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine 24 September, 11:30
Ante for Odesa portside plant makes USD 150 million, - State Property Fund 23 September, 11:28
Brawl between pro-Kremlin activists and Right Sector members in Odesa 10 October, 09:15
Turkey proachers’ boat sank during storm in Odesa 13 October, 13:48
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars