Canada's PM and 5 federal ministers wear traditional Ukrainian vyshyvankas
Canada’s officials mark International Vyshyvanka Day
Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau and five federal ministers wear Ukrainian traditional clothes to mark International Vyshyvanka Day. Deputies of Canadian parliament and members of government also tried on the embroidered shirts, reports ‘Ukrinform’.
Canada’s Minister for Veterans Affairs Kent Hehr wore a vyshyvanka while responding to the opposition’s questions during ‘Questions Period’ in parliament. The event was broadcasted all over Canada.
Canada’s MPs wore vyshyvankas to a parliament plenary meeting.
Several minister of Canada’s government together with Liberal party MPs sang a Ukrainian national song.
Yesterday, Ukraine marked the Day of Vyshyvanka. The event is aimed at preservation of Ukraine’s values and passing them on to youth and all Ukrainians. Usually, the celebration involves concerts, competitions, parties and fairs.
A flash mob “Unity Chain to the Day of Vyshyvanka” was organized between the two bell towers of Sofiyskiy and Mykhailivskiy cathedrals. Participants of the flash mob, wearing Vyshyvankas, created a live chain connecting two squares in the heart of Kyiv.
Vyshyvanka is the embroidered shirt, part of Ukrainian national costume. It is distinguished by local embroidery features specific to every separate region of Ukraine.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas