Cake of Lviv confectioner won in Warsaw exhibition
Lviv confectioner Roksolana Plakhtiy took first place in Warsaw exhibition Sweet Expo
Ukrainian confectioner presented on Sweet Expo in Warsaw a cake she cooked for two months – including the creation of design, the choice of baking technique and decoration.
The pastry was estimated through 1600 criteria.
Roksolana explained that all the figures on her cake are eatable. The cake was prepared using 12 complex dressing techniques – painting, handmade modeled figures, caramel dressing, color transitions, transitions from painting to 3D-figures.
One of the main requirements of the contest is that the recipe of the cake must be applicable for recreation at home.
“Old traditions of Lviv pastry are very original. Many people come to Lviv to try it. I try to preserve these traditions. Unfortunately nowadays people are trying to simplify it, to make it easier and less expensive”, - Roksolana Plakhtiy says.
According to Roksolana, the recipe of her cake is based on the recipe of her 85-year old grandmother, applied to modern techniques and requirements.
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain